Professional Audio And Video Transcription Service
High Fidelity, Hand-Typed Transcription.
How It Works
High Fidelity transcription services in three simple steps.
STEP 1: Upload your audio / video files
(or send us a link if it is already online)
STEP 2: We transcribe your files to text
(100% human-typed transcription)
STEP 3: Receive transcripts and invoice by email
(with flexible turn-around times)
Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority.
The quality of the transcription and the turn around time are each excellent and provide true value to their services. I have been using High Fidelity Transcription for over two years and have found them to be reliable, responsive and timely. Overall – overwhelmingly satisfied. I highly recommend their work.
– Laura R.
High Fidelity Transcription was professional, reliable, reasonably priced, and had a quick turn around time.
– Shelley C.
The best guarantee on the market.
“If it’s not on-time, it’s free.”
“If you’re not satisfied, it’s free.”
Michael did a great job for us. Very professional work. He even spotted some changes that I missed. I would highly recommend him.
– Fonda W.
See exactly what you will be getting.
Some good reasons you will love our service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q&A, organized into sections.
How much do you charge?
Timestamps + $0.25/min
Strict Verbatim+ $0.25/min
Technical Audio + $0.25/min
Poor Audio Quality + $0.50/min
Multiple Speakers, Accents + $0.50/min
How long will it take?
Relaxed: 7-10 day turnaround
Standard: 3 day turnaround
Rush: 24-hour turnaround
Do you provide timestamps?
Yes. For an additional $0.25/min we will provide timestamps as requested. Common intervals are 1, 2, 5 minutes or on every speaker change.
Can you transcribe multiple speakers?
Yes, we will transcribe multi-speaker files. We recommend that you let us know the speaker names if they are not clearly indicated in the audio, or generic labeling will be the default. Such as Speaker1, Speaker2, interviewee, interviewer, respondent, etc.
What are the different types of transcription?
Your text is transcribed and all filler words are removed, such as: hmm, you know, like, etc. We also clean up stutters and stammers, as well as filler words. For example: “It was, like, you know, a pretty boring experience” is changed to read: “It was a pretty boring experience.”
We transcribe your text exactly as it sounds, complete with repetitions, speech errors, and filler words
How do you keep my information secure?
- Your files are securely stored and transmitted using 128-bit SSL encryption, the highest level of security available. We also never store credit card information – we simply pass it securely to our bank for safe-keeping.
- We will never share your files or personal information with anyone outside of High Fidelity Transcription. Files are visible only to the professionals who have signed strict confidentiality agreements. If you’d ever like us to delete your files, just let us know.
What file formats do you accept?
We accept audio and video recordings in MP3, MP4, WMV, AIF, M4A, MOV, AVI, VOB, AMR, WMA, OGG, and WAV. We do not currently accept physical media (tapes, CDs, SD cards, etc.) If you have a file in a format other than those listed here, please Contact Us. We also accept links to streaming video and audio files available on the web.
Can you sign an NDA agreement?
Yes. If you would like an individualized NDA, we can create that for the specific project and have it signed and sent.
Who will transcribe our audio?
We use only professional transcriptionists to maximize quality. We do not use automated transcription software.
In what format will I receive the transcripts?
All transcripts are delivered as Microsoft Word documents (.docx) or adobe .pdf upon request.
Is there an additional charge for difficult audio?
Yes. We do charge an additional $.50/min or more for difficult audio. We highly recommend you review our recording guide to help improve your audio quality and avoid any future difficult audio charges.
What are the issues that affect audio difficulty?
- Non-North American accents
- High ambient/line noise (e.g. AC noise or hum)
- Noisy background (e.g. if the recording was done in a café)
- Distant speakers (e.g. if the recorder was kept far away from the speakers, faint voices)
- Distortions (e.g. clipping, high pitched voices)
- Disturbances (e.g. typing sounds)
- Diction (e.g. slurring or rapid speaking)
- Quality (e.g. low sampling rate)
- Reverberation (most frequently caused by bad room acoustics)
- Echo (e.g. while recording Skype calls)
- Inaudible parts
Examples of Low, Medium, and High Difficulty audio files
Please listen to the short audio samples below corresponding to different difficulty levels. This will help you during the checkout phase when you need to select the level of audio difficulty of your recording.
Audio Difficulty Samples:
How do I avoid recording difficult audio?
Record the audio/video in the best possible quality so that our transcribers can work more quickly. Please check the recording guide for our recommendations. Feel free to reach out to us with questions. We may be able to offer other suggestions for your specific recording needs.
How much do you charge for captions?
Pricing for captions is $7.00/audio minute for standard turn around time of 2-3 days.
What kinds of captioning do you do?
We produce “pop on” captions for pre-recorded video files. We do not currently offer “roll up” captions. We also do not offer live / real-time captioning.
Common formats include:
- SubRip (.srt)
- Scenarist (.scc) 29.97 fps
- MacCaption (.mcc) 29.97 fps
- Timed Text (.ttml)
- Quicktime Timed Text (.qt.txt)
- Transcript (.txt)
- WebVTT (.vtt)
- DFXP (.dfxp)
- Cheetah .CAP (.cap)
- Spruce Subtitle File (.stl)
- Avid DS Subtitle File (.txt)
- XML (.xml) is interchangeable with Timed Text => please order .ttml
- Want something else? Email us.
What video file formats can you accept?
We can accept all common digital video formats, such as MOV, AVI, MP4, VOB, and Ogg.
How can we get our videos to you?
- After checkout, you have the option to upload your files to our Secure Upload Center.
- Alternatively, you can paste in a link in the ‘order notes’ during checkout to an online video or server such as, Youtube, Vimeo, FTP server, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive.
How do I get my finished caption files?
We’ll email them to you as soon as they’re ready.
Do your captions meet the FCC , Section 508, and ADA requirements?
- Our caption files meet FCC requirements for open and closed captioning of web and television video.
- Our caption files meet Section 508 requirements for video captioning.
- Our captions are fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) 1990 ruling regarding captioning.
We'd love to hear from you.
625 North Michigan Avenue #1000
Chicago, IL 60611